Cookbooks for adding / managing game content
This describes steps that have to be done in order to add / modify game content.
This is ment for game developer exclusively.
1 Game monster / character animation
1.1 Adding new animation
Suppose you have craeated, rigged and animated character in blender.
- Render character animation from all 8 sides (up, down, left, right, upper left, upper right, down right, down left).
(you can use script automation for that)
- Create sprite sheet for each side (so you will have 8 sprite sheets).
You can use program spritesheetManager.exe to automate that.
That will also create animation JSON file and calculate
- Upload sheets + JSON on server
- In TextureDatabase, add line to load the particular texture
- In AnimationPackDatabase, add line to load the particular JSON and define actions
- Then, when monster with matching string tag is spawned,
the animations will be drawn automatically, and also
changed automatically with respect to what is the montser currently doing